Sunday, May 20, 2018

What is your type?

A question that I've been thinking about and finally came up with an answer. First of all, the inspiration behind this question came from a reality television show called Terrace House. If you haven't seen it, it's basically a Japanese version of big brother (but more conservative lol). This is the first question the housemates would ask each other when meeting. I thought it was pretty weird to ask straight away but some of them were there to find love and others "a love worth dying for"... you'll only get that reference if you've seen the show. Anyway, I thought to myself wow I wouldn't know how to answer that question because I've never really had a specific type.

Reflecting on my past, I've fallen for guys that only knew how to sweet talk their way to my heart and I never thought of what characteristics I'd like in a person until now. As you get older, time becomes more precious and I think it's important to have some sort of standards. You're not going to date someone that treats you bad, you would want someone kind and caring (that's just an obvious example). So after some thought, I came down to 3 personality traits that are sort of deal breakers for me in the future:

1. Considerate of others
Someone that thinks about the rights and feelings of other people. It doesn't have to be just towards me but how they treat everyone around them as well - family, friends, a complete stranger.

2. Selfless
Someone concerned with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own; unselfish. This is really important to me because I admire people that are selfless. I feel as though you should do things for others without the intention of wanting something in return.

3. Family oriented 
My family means the world to me and in the future someone will eventually be apart of mine. It's important to me to have someone that values their family whether it be showing respect or spending time with them... will mean they will do the same with my family too.

There's a few more I could add but realistically speaking these are the most important to me. I'm not going to write a list of physical qualities because I've learnt that you may have the looks but do you have a good heart? And that's a wrap. If someone ever asks me what my type is I can confidently say - someone that is considerate of others, is selfless and family oriented.

Much love, Jen.

No comments

Post a Comment

© loveikigai
Maira Gall